Undergraduate and Graduate Catalog (II)
• *CpE 315 Digital Computer Design: Digital Computer Design (LEC 3.0) Organization of modern digital computers; design of processors, memory systems and I/O units, hardware-software tradeoffs in different levels of computer system design. Prerequisites: Cp Eng 213 and Cp Eng 214.
• *EE353 Power Electronics: Power Electronics (LEC 3.0) Analysis, design, modeling, and control of switching mode power converter circuits for ac-dc, dc-dc, dc-ac, and ac-ac conversion. Power semiconductor devices, passive components, and non-ideal sources and loads. Applications to industry, consumer goods, electric vehicles, and alternative energy. Prerequisite: El Eng 253.
• *Math311 Advanced Calculus II: Advanced Calculus II (LEC 3.0) Euclidean nspace, differentiation and integration of scalar functions of several variables, maxima and minima theory, change of variables, differentiation and integration of vector functions of several variables, Divergence theorem, Stokes' theorem. Prerequisite: Math 309.
• *Math315 Introduction to Real Analysis: Introduction To Real Analysis (LEC 3.0) Riemann-Stieltjes integration, sequences and series of functions, uniform approximation, the Banach Space C(a,b), Lebesgue measure and integration, the space LP(a,b), Fourier series. Prerequisite: Math 309.
• *Math322 Vector and Tensor Analysis: Vector And Tensor Analysis (LEC 3.0) Vector algebra, vector differential and integral calculus, line and surface integrals, theorems of Stokes and Gauss, tensor algebra and tensor analysis, applications to problems in kinematics, elasticity theory, fluid mechanics, electromagnetic theory, relativity theory.
• *Math361 Problem Solving in Pure Mathematics: Problem Solving In Pure Mathematics (LEC1.0) Problems from pure mathematics, including analysis, algebra, number theory, set theory, finite mathematics, probability and statistics. Emphasis on identifying or inventing ways to solve problems based on the student's entire mathematics background. Prerequisites: Corequisite Math 309 and Senior standing.
• *Met Eng365 Microfabrication: Microfabrication Materials And Processes (LEC 3.0) An overview course on the materials and processes used to fabricate integrated circuits, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), interconnect substrates and other microelectronic components from starting material to final product. The emphasis will be on the influence of structure and processing on the electrical, mechanical, thermal, and optical properties. Prerequisites: Chem 1 or equivalent; Senior or Graduate